Becoming a Member
- A standard of practice that is in keeping with international requirements
- Training, supervision, and preparation for certification
- Conferences for professional development and networking
- A website to provide information about our practice, and to provide links on topics of interest to our members
- A professional listing on our website
- A professional network and a welcoming community
- Opportunities to receive discounts at conferences, workshops, and member events
- Regular newsletters with important updates and news from our membership.
- Professional Members include certified therapists and members-in-training. Full-time students in this category enjoy a reduced fee while enrolled in their programme of study.
Requirements of Membership
Membership renewal runs every calendar year and is required to continue to receive the benefits of membership.
Certified members are required to maintain their membership in ISST in order to maintain their professional status in CAST and ISST. Certified members must also adhere to provincial regulations on licensure to practice psychotherapy.
Professional members are required to become familiar with and agree to abide by the CAST Guidelines for Professional Practice and the ISST Statutes and Rules of Procedure.
Professional members are also asked to familiarize themselves with CAST policies and procedures, to assist them in working through their certification process.
Yearly Membership Fees
- Regular Membership = $110
- Student Membership (with proof of student status) = $55
Please note that CAST has a policy that all trainees must be members in good standing with CAST at the time of attending more than 40 hours of training or any supervision in order to receive CAST/ISST credit. If a trainee is not a current member and engages in training or supervision, the hours will not count towards certification.
You can join CAST or renew your membership by completing either the online or the mail-in form, and submitting a payment via PayPal, cheque, or e-Transfer.
Please remember that forms postmarked after February 20, 2018 incur a late fee of $20. If you are applying for a Student Membership and we do not have your student information on file, you will need to send us a copy of your student ID.
Online Membership Renewal
CAST is pleased to offer the ability to become a member or renew memberships through a simple online process. This will require entering information into an online form and paying through the secure payment services of PayPal. Click here for the ONLINE Membership payment process.
Mail Membership Renewal
Alternatively, you may choose to manually complete the Membership form and mail it along with a cheque made out to the Canadian Association for Sandplay Therapy to the address indicated below. Click here to print the Membership form.
93 Doyle Dr.
Recommended! Payment by e-Transfer
You may now also pay for your membership online via Interac e-Transfer. To do so, you have to access your banking institution's online banking portal, and find the Interac e-Transfer option. Please indicate our treasurer's name and email address (Louise Thompson, at firstname.lastname@example.org) in the form. Please, don't hesitate to contact Louise if you have a question or wish to set up a security question for your transfer. You will find more information about Interac e-Transfer here.
Thank you for your membership interest in CAST. Please retain a copy of your email receipt as verification of membership. If you have any questions about this process, please contact our administrative assistant, Ioanna Solomatina, at email@example.com. If you require a receipt and did not get one, please contact our treasurer, Louise Thompson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for the ONLINE Membership Renewal and payment process.
Cliquer ici pour accéder au processus de paiement de renouvellement d’adhésion en ligne.
Click here for Membership Form in English
Pour le formulaire d'adhésion en français cliquer ici